About Me

My photo
I am an artist, designer and the creative force behind A Patch Of Heaven. No one is quite sure what crazy idea I will come up with next

Friday, December 9, 2011

WIND UNDER MY WINGS.

Crafts have been on the back burner lately.
 I’ve been in the garden big time- digging, weeding and landscaping.

 
  So it was a particular treat to be invited on a special Christmas mystery crawl of cafés, restaurants and shops with ‘atmosphere’ with four lovely crafty ladies.

I put on a dress, new beaded top I had never worn before, make-up and pearls. I even remembered to take off my gumboots (Something I nearly didn’t the other day I went to town) and put on high heels. I felt elegant without my customary baggy jeans and hole in the elbow gardening jumper.

The day was filled with lots of laughter, yummy food and warm emotions. Suzanne who organized it, loaded the time with gifts, chocolate, patchwork, antiques and picturesque coastal views. It was so refreshing I almost forgot that I had a sixteen year old son in my life.
I had started the day wondering if I was wasting my time with all this endless kitset and pattern making- this compulsive drive to make struggling little businesses. This need to dream up imaginary quilt classes and doll retreats.

In the morning I was ,
A shop with no customers,
A teacher with no students,
A writer with no readers,
A speaker with no audience,
A dreamer with an ailing dream.

In the evening I was,
A shop with 4 customers,
A teacher with 4 students,  
A writer with 4 readers,
A speaker with 4 listeners,
A dreamer with lots of ideas and the world as a possibility.

Friends who believe in you give you a gift of wind under your wings and encourage growth better than compost on roses.

Thank you my friends.

1 comment:

  1. One of your wee Angel friends is my sister.
    I am pleased she was able to help lift your wings,if only for a day.
    She is my little Angel-but dont tell her that!she will get all puffed up like her chooks!
    "Freinds are like fancy chocolates-its whats inside that counts"Oh yea!Im watching my weight-all I talk about is my fav-hahaha.
    Your a lucky girl.

    ReplyDelete