About Me

My photo
I am an artist, designer and the creative force behind A Patch Of Heaven. No one is quite sure what crazy idea I will come up with next

Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Wrestling with Hitler.


Those of you who know me will realize it is a BIG thing to see words penned by me on the computer.
The computer and I have a toxic relationship.
I would rather have nothing to do with him at all.
However, (in spite of appearances) I do live in the 21st century , so cheered on by my kids but with rubber heel marks, I am slightly entering the electronic world.
Last week I learnt how to turn on the computer, find my own emails and turn off the computer. It was a major milestone and a big strain. In the previous system the kids pulled up my emails and sent them off. During the gap between these two activities I and the computer wrestled. I find him rude and obnoxious the way he constantly buts in with unwanted suggestions and comments in large boxes all over my work. Each one of these invasive boxes provoke noisy outbursts of frustration from my innermost depths and someone kindly comes running to rescue me.
After one such explosion Ruth said
“Mum I think you need to bond with the computer. I think you need to name it.”
So now I am typing on Hitler.
We still do not get along.
 He is still popping up obnoxious boxes.
I am still yelling for the kids in frustration.
I have a long way to go to win this war but ( oh the power of it) I know how to shut him down!

1 comment:

  1. Love the name ... VERY APPROPRIATE! Just wanted you to know I'm reading and loving hearing your thoughts. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete